Working Holiday in Australia: What We Offer
At a Glance
- Age: 18-30 years of age
- Duration: Up to 12 months
- Language: Knowledge of English
- Starting Dates: Several times per week, year round
- You must fulfil the Working Holiday Visa (WHV) terms and conditions
Use our experience in Australia
It isn't particularly difficult to book a ticket to Australia. But that's only one part of planning a working holiday in Australia:
If you plan your own working holiday in Australia, you will need to apply for your Working Holiday Visa, find work and accommodation, figure out which regions of Australia you want to travel to, and possibly look into buying a car. You'll also have to find out where you can get a tax number, take out a bank account, and search for travel insurance.
Sounds like a bit more than just booking a ticket, right?
Then why waste your precious travel time in Australia, when TravelWorks can help you sort the details? We are able to organize your working holiday in Australia swiftly, professionally, and reliably. With our specialised knowledge and years of experience in Australia, we won't let you down.
Welcome to Oz - Our Comprehensive Support
Upon your arrival in Australia, you will be picked up at the airport and brought to your hostel in one of our four Starting Package Cities:
- , or
Our Australian partner organisation has an office in each of the four starting cities, and as a participant in this programme, you will have access to comprehensive support at all four offices, regardless of where you begin the programme.
After travelling halfway around the world, jet-lagged and exhausted, you will be happy to collapse into a prepared hostel bed!
It doesn't matter if you travel with other people or by yourself, once you arrive for your working holiday in Australia, you will need to deal with formalities. Our local partners will be there to give you a helping hand, offering you insight and hints about the Aussie way of life and how to work, travel, and live on this colourful continent.
Our partners will help you apply for a tax number and open an Australian bank account, and you will receive a bank card for your bank account on location. You will also receive an Australian SIM card for your mobile phone.
By the way, you will be able to access your Australian bank account if you go to New Zealand as well - so why not make a little detour to the Kiwis later on?
Backpacker Centres in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Perth
Working Holiday Australia
- Free internet access
- A wide selection of international newspapers and magazines
- A backpacker lounge, where you can meet people from all over the world
We support you during the job-search...Finding a job during your working holiday in Australia can be challenging. Our local partners in the backpackers' centre will be a great help to you during your job search. The employees here will help you with your C.V., provide you with the addresses of potential employers, and give you valuable advice for your job interviews. You will also receive access to our partner organisation's one-of-a-kind job databank, which is exclusively available to you as a TravelWorker. New jobs are entered into the database on a daily basis, allowing you to pick out and apply for your favorite types of work, from a list of hundreds of available jobs. You can also check notice boards full of up-to-date job offers, so you are guaranteed a wide selection of job opportunities in Australia.
... and during your travel and leisure time:Our partners in Australia have plenty of tips and advice for your work, travel, and leisure time. If you have any difficulties, you can easily contact the employees at the backpacker centre via telephone or e-mail.
Our Additional Bookings – Your Choice
Get away from the daily grind during your working holiday in Australia, and decide for yourself what you'd like to learn and do Down Under. You'll have an informational introduction to Australia - but what will you do next? Perhaps a surfing course, or how about cowboy training? Maybe you want to learn to scuba dive and get a close-up view of the Great Barrier Reef, or you'd like to go diving off the coast of Fiji to help with ocean conservation there. An English language course could come in handy for non-native speakers, either on the beach or in downtown Sydney.
Even if you do not book the Working Holiday in Australia, you can still take part in any of our Additional Bookings! No matter what you choose to do, it's sure to be an unforgettable adventure!
Working Holiday Australia
- Activities: All kinds of jobs are offered, from helping people move into a new home to waiting tables, from telemarketing to picking fruit. You may work a maximum of 6 months with the same employer.
- Working hours and time off: Depends on the job.
- Specifics: As you travel, you will be searching for and lining up your own jobs, backed by information, contacts, and advice from TravelWorks and our local partner organisation.
- Duration: There is no minimum length of stay, but we recommend that you stay at least a few months. Maximum stay of 12 months. An extension may be possible. See "Terms and Conditions for the Working Holiday Visa" above.
- Application: At least 6-8 weeks before departure. We are happy to receive your application much earlier than this.
- Starting Dates: Year round. Since Australia is in the Southern Hemisphere, the seasons are reversed there.
- Practical experience: Not necessary, although it can be an advantage for certain jobs.
- Other: Please observe the Terms and Conditions of the Working Holiday Visa.