Volunteer on an organic farm in Ecuador: short programme
Though Ecuador is the smallest of the Andes countries, it is no less exciting than its neighbours. Here, you can visit South America's most famous marketplace in Otavalo, see penguins on the Galápagos Islands, and learn how to fish piranhas in the jungle! A country of contrasts, Ecuador boasts coastal banana plantations and snow-covered volcanoes, yet most destinations are within a day’s journey from the capital city of Quito.
At a glance
- Age: 18 and above
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Language: Good knowledge of Spanish
- Starting Dates: Every Saturday, not including holidays
Eager to experience Ecuador, but your boss only gave you a month’s vacation?
No problem! Our short programme offers you the perfect opportunity to discover Ecuador, learn Spanish, and volunteer on an organic farm in an intense, month-long programme.
You'll get to know the country, people, and language just as intensively as in our regular programmes, despite the shorter time span. Combine a 2-week language course in Quito with 2 weeks of ecological volunteer work on an organic farm in Ecuador.
During the first two weeks, you will spend two nights in a hostel before living with a host family (meals included Mon. - Fri.). Later, you will live and volunteer on an organic farm in Ecuador, with full board.
Two included salsa courses are sure to add an additional swing to your stay!
Volunteer on an organic farm in Ecuador
- Activities: Volunteering on the organic farm in Ecuador.
- Free time: Usually at the weekend.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Application: It is best to apply as early as possible, at least 2 months before your departure.
- Starting Dates: Every Saturday, not including holidays.
- Visa: Free tourist visa upon arrival (valid for 90 days). Passport and return flight ticket required.
- Practical experience: Not necessary.
- Other: You will need to have a great deal of independence, flexibility, personal initiative, and adaptability. Please be aware that several of the organic farm projects are in very remote locations.