Volunteer abroad in Argentina
Don’t cry for me Argentina – when it comes to this Latin American country, it's almost impossible not to envision tango dancers, cowboy-like Gauchos, the once-triumphant football legend Diego Maradona or, of course, the influential leader Eva “Evita” Peron. Despite severe economic crises, Argentina remains a popular travel destination, definitely worth more than one visit.
Volunteer in Argentina
At a glance
- Age: 18 and above
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Language: Knowledge of Spanish is an advantage, but not absolutely necessary.
- Starting Dates: At least once each month.
As a volunteer in Argentina, you will see an impressive variety of natural landscapes: the crashing waterfalls of Iguazú, the breathtaking peaks of the Andes, the vast expanse of the Pampas, the icy climate of the subpolar islands of Tierra del Fuego, and much more. Experience this incredible land as a volunteer in Argentina!
These various landscapes offer the ideal conditions for a number of adventure sports, such as:
As you can see, the land of tango offers more than just dancing. Volunteer in Argentina, take Spanish courses, and discover this fascinating country first-hand!
Spanish Course in Buenos Aires
You will begin your stay in Argentina with a 4-week Spanish language course in Buenos Aires, on the Atlantic coast. The Argentine capital offers every amenity of a world metropolis - shops and restaurants for every taste, parks, excellent nightlife full of music and dancing (don’t forget to try the tango!), parks, and a rich cultural scene, including many museums, the Teatro Colón, etc.
Especially worth a visit are the districts of San Telmo, an exclusive area with a romantic flair, and La Boca, a harbour district, defined by its brightly-coloured houses and the influence of many Italian immigrants.
Language courses in Buenos Aires
Our partner school is located in the Buenos Aires district of Belgrano. During your 4 weeks of Spanish lessons (4 lessons per day, each lasting about 55 minutes) you will be in a class with no more than 6 other students.
Course materials are provided by the school, but please bring a dictionary and grammar book with you. During your first days in Argentina, you will have an orientation including a tour of Belgrano. The language school also offers activities such as a tango course, cooking lessons, film nights, and sightseeing.
Your accommodation in Argentina
During the Spanish language course, you will live with a host family in a private room. Here, you will receive half board and will learn about everyday family life in Argentina.
As you volunteer abroad in Argentina, you will be living in a shared flat with other international volunteers. The accommodation in the shared flat does not include meals, so you will need to prepare your own food.
Volunteer in Argentina
- Activities: Volunteer in Argentina in education, social projects, and health care. Depending on the project, you will work either half or full days.
- Time off: Usually at the weekend.
- Duration: 8 weeks (4-week Spanish course, 4 weeks of volunteer work).
- Application: At least 3-4 months before departure. We are happy to receive applications earlier than this.
- Starting Dates: Usually every Monday for participants who already have some knowledge of Spanish. Beginners in the Spanish language can start the programme at least once a month, on the following dates: 3 Jan., 17 Jan., 24 Jan., 31 Jan., 7 Feb., 14 Feb., 21 Feb., 28 Feb., 14 Mar., 28 Mar., 11 Apr., 25 Apr., 9 May, 23 May, 13 June, 27 June, 11 July, 18 July, 25 July, 8 Aug., 22 Aug., 12 Sept., 26 Sept., 10 Oct., 24 Oct., 14 Nov., 28 Nov., 12 Dec. 2011. Arrival on Sunday.
- Practical Experience: Only required for a few projects. Usually not necessary, but an advantage.
- Other: Independence, personal initiative, flexibility, and adaptability are important qualities to have as you volunteer abroad in Argentina.