Summer Volunteer in Costa Rica
No wonder the “Ticos” take pride in their country – an impressive 12% of Costa Rica is reserved as national park space. These parks offer volunteers various opportunities to help protect the environment through conservation work. Volunteers can also help the local people through social volunteer projects. Whatever you do to help out, your stay in Costa Rica is sure to be an experience you will never forget!
At a glance
- Age: 18 years and above
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Language: Good basic knowledge of Spanish
- Starting Dates: Every Sunday in June, July, and August
Be a summer volunteer in Costa Rica
Summer holidays are coming up, and you still don’t have a clue what to do? Learning Spanish and volunteering abroad sound appealing? Well then, become a summer volunteer in Costa Rica! During June, July, and August, you can combine a language course and volunteer work in one 4-week programme! You'll take Spanish lessons (20 lessons a week) during the first two weeks in San José, before volunteering for 2 weeks at a national park.
You will stay with a host family during the language course and at the national park during the volunteer work. The programme ends on a Friday. If you would like to stay for one additional day, you can spend your last night in a hostel in San José (for an additional price), before being taken to the airport the next day.
The people of Costa Rica, often affectionately referred to as "Ticos" or "Ticas", are a friendly people, interested in your summer volunteer work. You're sure to have a fascinating experience as a summer volunteer in Costa Rica.
Summer volunteer work in Costa Rica
- Activities: In national parks: maintenance work, patrolling duties, park clean-up, visitor information services, etc.
- Free Time: Normally at the weekends.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Application: At least 2-3 months before departure. We are happy to receive applications much earlier than this. On request, it may be possible for you to apply later.
- Starting Dates: Every Sunday in June, July, and August.
- Practical Experience: Not mandatory, but it would certainly make your stay easier.
- Other: Self-sufficiency, flexibility, initiative, and adaptability are vital.