Cowboy Training New Zealand
You want to work and travel in New Zealand? With our additional bookings, you have the chance to:
- Take a trip to Fiji to learn to dive or improve your diving skills as you volunteer.
- Learn how to properly handle horses in our Cowboy Training Course.
- Improve and expand your English skills through one of our English Language Courses.
Cowboy Training in New Zealand
Become a real cowboy or cowgirl on a farm near Auckland! Learn all about horses in New Zealand – not just riding, but above all how to handle the animals – during your cowboy training in New Zealand.
The farm lies about one hour away from Auckland and is surrounded by a pine forest with lakes, and the beach is also not far away. The perfect surroundings for extended horseback riding along the ocean or across the landscape.
Natural Horsemanship in New Zealand
Natural Horsemanship – famous due to the “Horse Whisperer”, Monty Roberts, is a special form of horse training.
During your Cowboy Training in New Zealand, you will learn the following elements of Natural Horsemanship:
- Eva Peters: "I have never learned so much and had so much fun in just 5 days! Fantastic! Thank you for having me! Best part was flying up the forest hill (thrilling canter) - muscle pain doesn't matter."
- Marie Hamann: "It was an amazing week with a lot of experiences" - all ratings Fantastic.
- Lea Bruex: "It was great to experience the life of a Kiwi family and get to know many different and friendly horses. It was great fun"
- Hendrik Siefert: "Thank you - I didn't expect to canter and I did!"
- Steffen Braun: "it was the best week since arriving in New Zealand - this week was awesome"
- Eva Burschyk: "It was an absolutely amazing adventure, one of my best weeks in NZ (and I had about 50) - best part - seeing myself getting better & more confident with every ride - you were all soo nice all of the time."
- Meike Gross: "Thank you so much it was a perfect week - never thought I would be able to ride so well"
- How to win a horse’s trust
- How to give a horse self-confidence
- The safe way to handle horses, without aggression
- How to teach various skills to horses
Cowboy Training in New Zealand: Programme
Aside from your introduction to Natural Horsemanship, you will also receive instruction in hoof care, will feed the horses and other animals on the farm, and will help to build or repair fences or water pumps during your cowboy training in New Zealand.
Experience life on a New Zealand farm for 5 or 12 days – accommodation and meals included.
Your hosts keep the farm running and offer their hoof care course and Natural Horsemanship course to the local population as well as to TravelWorkers. Both of them studied
- Natural Horsemanship in Great Britain and
- have a degree in Hoof Orthopaedics (ESHOP),
They are therefore the first qualified hoof-care specialists in all of New Zealand.
- Every Monday
Services for Cowboy Training in New Zealand
- Cowboy Training
- Opportunity to go horseback riding
- Accommodation on the farm (shared room)
- Meals on the farm
Cowboy training 5 days