Volunteer in the Greater Kruger National Park - South Africa
Kruger National Park in South Africa is home to various impressive animal species, including the “Big Five”: elephants, rhinoceroses, buffalo, hippopotamuses, and lions. As a volunteer near Kruger National Park in South Africa, you will be helping to protect and conserve these and other animal species. You are sure to have an unforgettable time!
At a Glance
- Age: 18 and above
- Duration: At least 2 weeks
- Language: Good knowledge of English
- Starting Dates: Every 1st and 3rd Tues.
Volunteer in the Greater Kruger National Park
As a volunteer on the edge of Kruger National Park in an eco-reserve camp, your volunteer work will be focused on:
- Nature and wildlife protection and
- Reserve Management.
In the camp, located on the Olifant River, you will hear the roars of lions and hyaenas at night as you dive into the South African wilderness atmosphere!
Greater Kruger National Park Volunteer Accommodation
The house where the volunteers stay has:
- Hot running water
- Grilling area with a small swimming pool
- Observation tower with a view of the watering hole
The large house, from which you will be able to see roaming herds of elephants and buffalo, is on the banks of the Olifant River. The kitchen is fully-equipped with cooking equipment, and there is a dining room, bathroom, two toilets, and two shared bedrooms. Please note that bed linens will not be provided.
Greater Kruger National Park - Overview
- Activities: See Work.
- Free Time: At the weekend.
- Duration: At least 2 weeks.
- Application: At least 3 months before departure. We are happy to accept applications much earlier than this.
- Starting Dates: Every first and third Tuesday of the month.
- Practical Experience: Not necessary.
- Specifics: You will need to bring along a work clothes, a sleeping bag, and sturdy shoes.
- Other: The work in all projects can be physically strenuous. Since you will be surrounded by a completely foreign culture, patience, adaptability, independence, and travel experience are very important. A love of animals is essential.